Review of Samsung J3 Pro at a Glance:-A new entry level phone is launched in India from the Samsung, However, this phone was actually launched in 2016 in China. but now after some minor changes in specs phone is launched with the features like 5.0 inches HD Display, Android v5.0.1 (Lollipop) OS, 8MP Primary camera | 5 MP secondary camera, Snapdragon 410 | Spreadtrum Chipset, 2 GB RAM | 16 GB ROM | 128 GB SD Card Support and 2600 mAh battery.
High Definition 5.0' AMOLED
Samsung offering their most popular sAMOLED display in this low budget device having 5.0 inches screen size with 720x1280 pixels resolutions and 294ppi pixel display density. The graphics & videos look crisp with deep black colour that is the beauty of AMOLED Touchscreen. Enjoy your favorite content in a Vibrant & large display. Although there is no special protection like Gorilla Glass and here you need to protect it with some external screen protector.
A Basic Chipset
In China, this handset was launched with Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 having 1.2 GHz quad-core processor but here in India it is powered by Spreadtrum 1.5 GHz Quad-core processor, This chipset is not going to blow your mind with the performance but at its price point it works fine. It is one of the Cheapest smartphones from Samsung so don't expect too much although Spreadtrum along with 2 GB RAM performs well at least for day to day performance.
Camera with mediocre Quality
To capture your favorite moments on your phone there is 8-megapixel rear camera with an f2.2 aperture, under well-lit conditions it takes pretty decent photos and generally picture quality is mediocre but what else you can expect to from an entry level phone. 5 MP front camera is also mediocre and pictures are decent enough to upload in social media.
Extra features: Made for India
Indian version also featuring value added features like S Bike Mode - It enables 'tension free ride' as the urgent call alert system notifies callers through an automated answering machine that the user is riding and is unavailable to take calls. and another feature is Ultra Data Saving Mode- where you can Save 4G data usage up to 50% while browsing or watching streamed videos.
The battery is also one of the key matter of concern while buying a new smartphone. This smartphone comes up with 2600 mAh battery and a typical user can take battery juice for one full day. Means battery charge will stay all the over the day until you start heavily using your smartphone for power hungry tasks.
Specification of Samsung J3 Pro
- OS- Android v5.1 (Lollipop)
- Chipset- Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410- Worldwide, Spreadtrum for India | 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53, 1.5 GHz- India | Octa-core | Adreno 306 GPU
- Display- 5.0 inches Super AMOLED touchscreen | 720 x 1280 pixels | 294 ppi pixel Density
- Camera- 8 MP Primary | 5 MP Secondary | 1080p Video Resolutions with 30fps
- Phone Dimension- 142.2 x 71.3 x 8 mm | 139 grams Weight | Colour- White, Black and Gold
- Connectivity- 4G- LTE | 3G- HSDPA | Bluetooth v4.0 | WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n | 3.5mm Headphone Jack | Dual Nano SIM
- Sensors- Proximity- Yes | Accelerometer: Yes | Light: Yes | Gyroscope: Yes | Fingerprint: No
- Memory- 16 GB Internal | 128 GB SD Card | 2 GB RAM
- Battery- 2600 mAh | Removable
Pros of Samsung J3 Pro
- Sharp 5.0 inches Super AMOLED display with Vivid colours.
- Dual SIM Support with a Dedicated slot.
- The phone supports 4G and VoLTE.
- OTG Cable is supported.
- FM Stations can be tuned without the internet connection.
- The battery is Removable.
- Memory can be extended up to 128 GB.
Cons of Samsung J3 Pro
- No Fingerprint Sensor for better and easy security.
- The phone is not metal built.
- No Special Protection layer for display.
- An Entry level Old Chipset.
- Old Android (Lollipop) OS.
Why to buy and Final words about Samsung J3 ProThis is another entry level phone with no major up-gradation, but still a good option for people who need a Smartphone for tasks like watching videos, browsing or less intensive gaming. The visual experience is immersive with 5.0 inches sAMOLED display so if you are searching for an optimized size smartphone (Neither Huge nor Small) You can go for J3 Pro otherwise you always have options like Lenovo K6 Power and Motorola Moto E3 Power.
Price- 8999 INR
Not satisfied with features or price?? Check Best Smartphone for Your Budget.