Review of Motorola Moto G5 at a Glance:-Few days after the launch of Moto G5 Plus, Lenovo introduced Moto G5 in the market. This phone actually looks like a sibling of Moto G5 Plus. This can be a good option for budget conscious people. It is featuring 5.0 inches Full HD display, Android 7.0 Nougat OS, Snapdragon 430 CPU, 13MP Primary | 5 MP Secondary camera, 16/32 GB ROM, 2/3 GB RAM and 2800 mAh battery.
Design of High-End Moto Series
When it comes to the design of "G" Series phones Moto G5 has best design as the concept is taken from its high end "Moto Z" smartphone. The frame is built using Aluminium 6000 however rear panel is built on hard plastic having metallic colour. means it doesn't have metallic unibody design which can be a turn down for some user. To insert your headphone 3.5mm audio port is on top, Micro-USB port is on the bottom, while the power & volume buttons are on the right edge.
Vivid Full High Definition
5.0 inches IPS LCD display has 1080x1920 pixels resolutions that make it sharp enough to enjoy media content in every situation of day and night. This 441 ppi pixel Density display offers vivid colours & good details. Its display also gives you a quick preview of notifications and update information about the phone. However, this gadget is lacking Corning Gorilla Glass but it is protected with Scratch-resistant glass.
Entry Level yet Powerful Processor
If you are not tilted towards heavy gaming, Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor is enough to proceed all the day to day activities without getting in any kind of trouble. Snapdragon 430 processor has 1.4 GHz clock speed coupled with 3 GB RAM offering stutter-free playback experience. However, most of the medium size games can run quite smoothly on this handset. The near stock Android + Snapdragon 430 + 3 GB RAM = a pleasant configuration for smooth multitasking.
This Moto handset is featuring 13 MP Primary camera with (PDAF) Phase Detection Autofocus, enables fast focusing. the camera app also has pro features like Adjust the white balance, shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation etc. In daylight condition, you will definitely get praiseworthy pictures but this is not applied to night/ low light photography. The noise appeared in photos if captured in insufficient lighting. 5 MP Secondary camera is slightly above average, verifying the price.
Good to have a Removable Battery
Nowadays most of the Handset comes up with Non-Removable battery but Moto G5 has 2800 mAh user removable battery. For a typical user, this battery can provide the battery backup of one full day. however in intensive use, it can stand for 12-15 hours, Battery backup highly depends on the way a user use his mobile.
Specification of Motorola Moto G5
- OS- Android v7.0 (Nougat)
- Chipset- Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 | 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 | Octa-core | Mali-T830MP3 GPU
- Display- 5.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen | 1080 x 1920 pixels | 441 ppi pixel Density| Scratch-resistant glass
- Camera- 13 MP Primary | 5 MP Secondary | 1080p Video Resolutions with 30fps
- Phone Dimension- 144.3 x 73 x 9.5 mm | 145 grams Weight | Colour- Lunar Grey, Fine Gold and Sapphire Blue
- Connectivity- 4G- LTE | 3G- HSDPA | Bluetooth v4.2 | WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n | 3.5mm Headphone Jack | Dual Nano SIM
- Sensors- Proximity- Yes | Accelerometer: Yes | Light: Yes | Gyroscope: Yes | Fingerprint: Yes
- Memory- 16/32 GB Internal | 128 GB SD Card | 2/3 GB RAM
- Battery- 2800 mAh | Removable
Pros of Motorola Moto G5
- G5 has a removable battery.
- Water-repellent nano-coating.
- The phone supports Dual SIM cards.
- Enjoy the neat and clean stock Android with Nougat Version.
- 5.0 inches FHD display delivering the vivid and sharp colors.
- Primary camera support Video stabilization and Slow-motion video.
- Supports rapid charging and you get a 10W charger in the Box.
Cons of Motorola Moto G5
- No USB Type-C Slot.
- We are Expecting 3K mAh battery.
- The rear panel of phone is Plastic Built.
- Limited 16 GB internal storage.
- The quality if headphone provided in box is not good.
- Thickness is relatively higher with 9.5 mm depth.
Why to buy and Final words about Motorola Moto G5Moto G Series is most popular series of Motorola and here Moto G5 offering a perfect configuration for a user which need a clean stock interface. it has one of best moto design (Extracted from Moto Z) and decent performer Snapdragon 430 processor. Both front and rear Camera is also doing their great job for taking pretty good photos. However, there are also many competitors in the same price range like Redmi Note 4, Lenovo K6 Power and Huawei Honor 6X.
Price- 11999 INR
Not satisfied with features or price?? Check Best Smartphone for Your Budget.