Review of Xiaomi Redmi 4A at a Glance:-With Launch of Redmi 4A, Xiaomi entered in the ultra Low budget segment, this can be the best choice for people want to own a very affordable smartphone. It has many good features but there are many Advantages and Disadvantages pointed here in this post. The major features of this phone are 5.0 Inches HD Display, Snapdragon 425 Processor, Android v6.0 Marshmallow OS, 13 MP Rear | 5 MP Front camera, 16 GB Internal | 128 GB External SD Card Support, 2 GB RAM and 3120 mAh battery.
Before going to comment over any of feature and quality, we have to remind that this is ultra-budget smartphone under ₹ 6000 ($ 90).
When it comes to the external body that is made of faux-metallic plastic, That actually looks like metal but made of plastic. Even after having plastic built the phone is compact and doesn't look like the cheap product, With 8.5 mm of thickness and 131 grams of weight phone feels light in hands. You can find the Volume rockers along with power key on the right edge, left edge contains SIM/SD Card tray, Bottom has Micro USB Slot while top housing a 3.5 mm headphone jack, the speaker is located on the rear side.
High Definition Display
Visual quality of phone is described by the 5.0 inches IPS LCD having HD (720P) Resolutions and 294ppi of display density, There is no problem like saturated or washed out colours in this vibrant display although it is not bright and deep as expensive counterpart Redmi devices but for the sake of budget it is more than acceptable. Unfortunately, there is no special display protection but you always have option to protect it with tempered glass.
Good processor for Budget device
It has entry level still quite powerful Snapdragon 425 Quad-core 1.4 GHz processor that is very sufficient for this cheap cost smartphone, This is not clearly made for running heavy games but it can play many games smoothly like Clash of Clans, Asphalt 8 in lower graphic setting etc. There is MIUI 8 Interface based on the Android marshmallow where all the pre-installed apps running smoothly and jumping from one app to other apps shows no sign of hiccups. This handset is perfectly ok for day to day task if you are not so much on heavy gaming.
The Camera with f/2.2 Aperture
The company has installed 13 MP sensor for the primary shooter and 5 MP sensor for the secondary camera, This is definitely not any surprising factor but a phone with price lesser than $ 70 offering phone with 13 MP camera that can capture the quite acceptable quality of photos. The daylight photos are average although looking great on the small display of smartphone but the details is not so appropriate when watched in PC. However on this price point quality of photos is good enough to use in different social media platforms, Night photographs are highly affected by the noise if there is a lack of lightening on the object.
Here this handset is also suffering from the battery capacity cut to the 3120 mAh, although smaller display size with lower resolution also helps in increasing the battery backup. It is offering the SOT (Screen on time) Between 4 to 5 hours that is pretty decent for this handset.
Specification of Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- OS- Android v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Chipset- Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 | 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 | Quad-core | Adreno 308
- Display- 5.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen | 720 x 1280 pixels | 296 ppi pixel Density
- Camera- 13 MP Primary | 5 MP Secondary | 1080p Video Resolutions with 30fps
- Phone Dimension- 139.9 x 70.4 x 8.5 mm | 132 grams Weight | Colour- Gold, Rose Gold and Dark Gray
- Connectivity- 4G- LTE | 3G- HSDPA | Bluetooth v4.1 | WiFi 802.11 b/g/n | 3.5mm Headphone Jack | Dual Micro/Nano SIM
- Sensors- Proximity- Yes | Accelerometer: Yes | Light: Yes | Gyroscope: Yes | Fingerprint: No
- Memory- 16/32 GB Internal | 128 GB External | 2 GB RAM
- Battery- 3120 mAh | Non-removable
Pros of Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- There is also an IR blaster.
- Dual SIM cards supported.
- Affordable gadget with decent CPU, RAM and Battery backup.
- OTG Cable is supported.
- 128 GB External SD Card is supported.
- Light to hold, having only 135 grams weight.
Cons of Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- Battery is non-removable
- There is plastic built outer design not metallic.
- No Quick charge support.
- The Card Slot is hybrid (Either SIM 2 or SD Card can be used)
- No Fingerprint sensor for better security and easy unlocking.
Why to buy and Final words about Xiaomi Redmi 4AThis is one of the best handset available under the range of 6000 INR or $90, It supports nearly all the features that a typical user can expect from this price having features like Snapdragon 1.4 GHz processor with 2 GB RAM, 4G Support with VoLTE, 13 MP Camera, 5 inches HD Display and 3120 mAh battery. The popular features someone can miss are a metallic body and fingerprint sensor. However, there are also some large display (5.5 inches) phone available under same range check Best 4G Smartphone Under Budget
Not satisfied with features or price?? Check Best Smartphone for Your Budget.