Review of Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) at a Glance:-With "A" Series Smartphone Samsung is building new kind of Niche for Mid-Range Smartphone, Because this handset is borrowing a lot of features from Flagship Samsung Galaxy S7. The key focusing features of phone are 5.2 inches FHD AMOLED Display, Android v6.0 Marshmallow, Exynos 7880 Octa-core processor, 16 MP Primary | 16 MP Secondary camera, 32 GB Internal | 256 GB SD Card support, 3 GB RAM and 3000 mAh Battery.
A Flagship Design
As We already said in "A" series phones Samsung is putting efforts to make them more premium without replacing the position of Flagship Smartphone. The people may confuse as it is looking like Galaxy S7. The phones core look is sticking to Samsungs traditional design. Phone is also IP68 certified dust/water proof over 1.5 meter of depth for the 30 minutes. In this handset company shifted the Speaker location from bottom to right edge along with power button. the volume keys are fixed on the left edge. bottom has Type C USB cable slot as well as 3.5 mm audio jack, top has micro SD card slot.
This handset is running on the Android v6.0.1 Marshmallow OS, although company promised about the future update to Android 7.0 Nougat. Sound quality and loudness of phone speaker is above average. The Speaker Grille is on the left so you can play games without blocking sound source.
Full High Definition Display with sAMOLED
This phone is elder brother of Galaxy A3 2017 with 5.2 inches Full HD Super AMOLED Display. The color contrast of phone is nearly accurate with deep black punches, When we move to check the sunlight legibility of Galaxy A5 2017 this is quite matching with the flagship, features with the maximum brightness of 559 nits. Its screen is also protected with the Corning Gorilla Glass 4 that prevents unwanted scratches.
A Well Balanced Processor
Samsung is now more depend on its own manufactured Exynos processor instead of Qualcomm, This handset is featuring 14nm Exynos 7880 Octa core process. this processor is near equaled to Snapdragon 625. Jumping to different apps in phone is lag free experience. The phone will provide a hassle free experience until you start playing highly graphic extensive games in full graphic setting otherwise this runs quite smooth along with 3 GB RAM.
Camera with Clarity Detail
Galaxy A5 2017 has 16 MP sensor for both, front as well as rear camera. The photo quality comes out from the primary camera is quite sharp with vivid colors although this time company kicked out the OIS that is little disappointing. This phone priced around $500 dollar but still missing the 4K video recording that can also be a turn down for some users. Front camera also has 16 MP sensor with f/1.9 aperture that is pretty decent but lacking the autofocus.
Good usage of Battery
It is equipped with the 3000 mAh battery which is also equal to its own flagship Galaxy S7. This battery providing 21 hours on call battery backup that is quite respectable.
Specification of Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)
- OS- Android v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Chipset- Exynos 7880 Octa | 1.9 GHz Cortex-A53 | Octa-core | Mali-T830MP3 GPU
- Display- 5.2 inches Super AMOLED touchscreen | 1080 x 1920 pixels | 424 ppi pixel Density| Corning Gorilla Glass
- Camera- 16 MP Primary | 16 MP Secondary | 1080p Video Resolutions with 30fps
- Phone Dimension- 146.1 x 71.4 x 7.9 mm | 157 grams Weight | Colour- Black Sky, Gold Sand, Blue Mist and Peach Cloud
- Connectivity- 4G- LTE | 3G- HSDPA | Bluetooth v4.2 | WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac | 3.5mm Headphone Jack | Dual Nano SIM
- Sensors- Proximity- Yes | Accelerometer: Yes | Light: Yes | Gyroscope: Yes | Fingerprint: Yes
- Memory- 32 GB Internal | 256 GB SD Card | 3 GB RAM
- Battery- 3000 mAh | Non-removable
Pros of Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)
- An eye-catching design with full metallic built.
- Dual SIM support with dedicated Slot for SIM 2.
- Premium Built quality with a classy look.
- The phone also has IP68 certified dust/water proof Body.
- The display is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- The USB is Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SD Card support up to the 256 GB.
Cons of Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)
- The battery is Non-removable.
- It is incapable of recording 4K videos.
- Not preloaded with latest Android 7.0 Nougat
- No OIS for the camera to Stabilize the photos.
- A Little bit expensive.
Why to buy and Final words about Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)This phone seems like flagship comes down to upper midrange, although absence of features like OIS/4K and Mid range CPU is all that takes it away from flagship, But it has all the things that are sufficient to please a user such as FHD Sharp Display, Waterproof body, 16 MP shooter that takes good detail and above average camera, however there are phones that look good on paper like OnePlus 3T and Xiaomi Mi Mix.
Not satisfied with features or price?? Check Best Smartphone for Your Budget.