Review of Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime at a Glance:-There is great selling strategy by Xiaomi that whatever smartphone model they launched in India become viral, here we are going to explain the Advantages/ Pros and Disadvantages/ Cons of Xiaomi 3S Prime. This phone is offering few more features that make it slightly expensive than the Redmi 3S. It is featuring 5.0 inches HD display, 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 430 Processor, 13MP primary camera | 5MP secondary camera, 32 GB ROM | 128 GB SD card Support | 3 GB RAM and 4100 mAh battery.
3S Prime Design
This handset has a traditional Xiaomi design with compact metallic uni-body, however this model looks beautiful from all the angles. The Redmi 3S model lacks the fingerprint sensor while in 3S Prime they have included a fast fingerprint scanner. The Power button and volume rockers are situated on the right edge of the phone while left has SIM card and Hybrid memory card slot, to enjoy the music with earphone there is 3.5mm audio jack on the top alongside an IR blaster and a Micro USB port placed at the bottom.
High Definition Vivid Display
Display size of 5.0 inches is quite optimized for single hand and configured with 720p resolutions and 294ppi of display density. The brightness is quite sufficient for an average user but when we compare it with the sAMOLED display, IPS LCD is not vibrant as AMOLED. Phone does not compromise the clarity of the favourite video stuff, it is quite pleasant to watch the movies in phone. In this handset, any special kind of protection for the display is missing.
Good Camera for Price Point
The camera is the main turning point for many users when it comes to buying a new smartphone, here the Redmi 3S is equipped with the 13 MP primary and 5 MP secondary camera. If you are going out with your friends in daytime for some fun this is the time when you can take some good photos with this handset, because night photos will not please you as they may look little grainy and noisy. However, the 5 MP front camera is decent enough to take some quality selfies.
Enough Processing power by Snapdragon 430
The central processing department is controlled by the Qualcomm’s latest Entry level chipset; Snapdragon 430 clocked at 1.4 GHz with octa-core processor. It is capable of doing all the day to day tasks and moderate gaming with zero hiccups. While it is not capable of running heavy games as they start to show frame drops and laggy performance.
The battery is also one of the top plus point about this handset, it is equipped with 4100 mAh capacity, which can easily run for more than a full day, although it depends on the user, a heavy user still gets impressive battery backup.
Specification of Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime
- OS- Android v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Chipset- Snapdragon 430 | 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 | Octa-core | Adreno 505
- Display- 5.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen | 720 x 1280 pixels | 294 ppi pixel Density
- Camera- 13 MP Primary | 5 MP Secondary | 1080p Video Resolutions with 30fps
- Phone Dimension- 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5 mm | 144 grams Weight | Colour- Gold, Dark Gray and Silver
- Connectivity- 4G- LTE | 3G- HSDPA | Bluetooth v4.1 | WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n | 3.5mm Headphone Jack | Dual Micro/Nano SIM
- Sensors- Proximity- Yes | Accelerometer: Yes | Light: Yes | Gyroscope: Yes | Fingerprint: Yes
- Memory- 32 GB Internal | 128 GB SD Card | 3 GB RAM
- Battery- 4100 mAh | Non-removable
Pros of Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime
- The premium compact metallic body.
- OTG cable is supported by the phone.
- Huge 4100 mAh Battery with longer backup.
- Support up to 128 GB External SD card.
- The fingerprint scanner is quite fast.
- It is also supporting VoLTE/ EVDO.
- 32 GB internal storage with 3 GB RAM.
Cons of Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime
- The display is nor FHD neither vibrant like AMOLED.
- The battery is Non-removable.
- SIM 2 and Memory card can not be used simultaneously.
- The rear camera is quite average.
- No special protection for display such as Gorilla Glass protection.
Why to buy and Final words about Xiaomi Redmi 3S PrimeThis is one of best smartphone under 10K INR range for the year 2016, It has all the features that a typical smartphone user can expect from this budget. Someone can consider this handset over Redmi 3S because the prime version not only offering fingerprint scanner, it also has 3 GB RAM and 32 GB Internal memory, that may be worth to spend few more bucks for theses features, now still you have any confusion regarding this gadget you can find answer here in Frequently Asked Questions About Redmi 3s Prime however there are other brands that are available in market as competitors like Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus, Moto E3 Power and LeEco Le 1s Eco.
Not satisfied with features or price?? Check Best Smartphone for Your Budget.