However Google have contracted to hTC for manufacturing of these devices. Here we have gather the Advantages and Disadvantages of Google Pixel in short review.
Advantages of Google Pixel
- Very Sturdy design and Built quality because of Aerospace-grade aluminum uni-body.
- 4G LTE Speed Can go up to 600/75 Mbps
- To protect smartphone from the water accidents it is Splash and dust resistant.
- Snapdragon coupled with 4 GB RAM to run device very smoothly.
- 5 Inches Full HD Display with 441 ppi pixel density
- No need to worry about the accidental scratches as it is also protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Enjoy the Latest version of Android v7.1 (Nougat) OS with guaranteed update of next version.
- Two years of OS upgrades and Three years of security updates from launch.
- Enjoy the lightening speed of multitasking with the latest Snapdragon 821 processor
- The processor supports X12 LTE offers 3x faster peak upload speeds compared to X10 LTE.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 3.0 is up to 4x faster than conventional charging.
- Rear camera is capable to shoot 4K videos and 240fps Slow-mo pictures.
- Adreno™ 530 GPU offers 40% improvement to graphics performance
- 18W adaptor with USB-PD and charging which is 4X faster than conventional charger.
- NFC is supported, making it more portable with control of wireless devices.
- Many sensors are available like Proximity / ALS | Accelerometer / Gyrometer | Magnetometer | Pixel Imprint | Barometer | Hall effect sensor | Android Sensor Hub | Advanced x-axis haptics for sharper response
- 2,770 mAh battery can provide the Talk time up to 26 hours over 3G network.
Disadvantages Google Pixel
- Card slot is missing for further extension of memory.
- Very Expensive for most of the people, costing around 57,000 INR ( $850).
- Single SIM support can be uncomfortable for people want to enjoy Dual SIM.
- Smartphone is quite thick with 8.5 mm of width.
- The bezel is covering a lot of actual display area (69.0% screen-to-body ratio).
- Camera is missing Optical Image Stabilizer. (Although there is Electronic Image Stabilization).
- The Default FM Radio is missing from the Smartphone.
- Not a fully Waterproof phone (Only Splash Proof).
- Battery is non-removable.
The device is still not launched in India whenever it will be available in Indian market we will update soon other positive and negatives about the smartphone.